Understand, embodies, and supports the team’s philosophy as developed by the Head Coach
• Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student athletes.
• Provides skill demonstrations of positions
• Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
• Assists with the recruitment of student athletes
• Assists with campus tours, recruiting visits, and identifying PSA’s
• Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues
• Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary
• Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games
• Assists with developing practice plans and individual workouts for players
• Manages film breakdown, exchange, and game planning for each opponent
• Must have flexible hours, the ability to travel and work weekends
• Assists the Head Coach in fundraising for the program and managing the budget
• Pass the NCAA Division III rules test
• Follow rules and regulations in the coach’s handbook
• Monitor Gallego Center for safety when gym is in use for open gym basketball
• Represent Sul Ross State University, the Athletic Department and your program in a professional manner, on the court/ field and off the court/field.
Other Coaching duties as assigned
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.