As Coaches Aide, you are responsible for reporting to the Head Coach and/or the Director of Athletics and are responsible for the following:
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the assigned athletic program.
- Fostering an environment that supports and encourages each student-athlete to graduate in a timely fashion.
- Assists the Head Coach in developing and maintaining a competitive won/loss record.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the skill, discipline, and integrity of the team during games and practice.
- Adheres to the athletic policies and protocol of Union County College and the eligibility requirements and rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
- Responsible for driving the van including attaining and maintaining full positive status on the authorized drivers’ list, following the school’s van policy. Also adhere to all driving laws as well as all EZ-Pass laws.
- Must read, acknowledge, sign, and follow the NJCAA Coaching Principles, Coaching Creed and the NJCAA Coaching Excellence Contract.
- Must represent Union County College, The Garden State Athletic Conference and Region XIX in a positive manner. Conduct yourself and the team in such a manner as to reflect a positive image for the team and Union, both on and off the playing arena.
- Conducts self and team with a high degree of moral integrity as representatives of Union at all public appearances, whether on or off campus.