Teaches and instructs student-athletes how to perform in their sport, including sport-related fundamentals, skills, team concepts, and safety practices.
- Instructs and coaches student-athletes, emphasizing fundamentals, skills development, conditioning, game preparation, strategy, and safety practices.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in implementing instructional techniques designed to develop student-athlete capacities.
- Integrates innovative technology into the instruction of student-athletes to facilitate learning and safety.
- Maintains an environment that emphasizes academics as a priority, making every effort to ensure that all student-athletes meet academic requirements, while working to integrate sports into the academic life of the University.
- Maintains complete knowledge and compliance of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics while working within the departments rules, regulations and policies.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual written plan and goals for the program and the annual assessment of performance in relation to the plan and goals.
- Maintains discipline in the program, promotes fairness, understanding and protectiveness of student-athletes while motivating them.
- Maintains an environment of cooperation and continuous improvement, maintaining positive communications supporting the athletic program, the University and University staff.
- Participates in marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups consistent with the objectives of the athletic program.
- Assists with recruiting evaluations, official visits and any travel-related activities of prospective student-athletes.
- Has strong knowledge of effective coaching practices, including the integration of technology into instructional methods.
- Has basic knowledge of NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations as they pertain to student-athletes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.