Responsible for assisting with the recruitment, conditioning, training, performance and administration of the Men’s Basketball program in the manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the University of Wisconsin-Superior Athletic Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head Coach and promote the philosophy and objectives of the athletic program; to include adhering to and enforcing all policies and procedures outlined in the departmental handbook, as well as rules and regulations of the University, the governing sport conference, and the NCAA.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, and implementation of traditional and non-traditional season practice sessions and games, as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations. Provides leadership, training and instruction on athletic development of student-athletes.
- Assist in the supervision and coordination of strength and conditioning activities for the Men’s Basketball program, as permitted by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of student-athletes to meet roster and enrollment expectations for the men’s basketball program, as assigned by the Head Coach with approval of the Athletic Director. Ensures compliance with NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Assist with management of the men’s basketball budget with adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University and the NCAA.
- Adhere to and follow all rules and guidelines of the NCAA and the men’s basketball governing conference.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to recruit and retain student-athletes for the men’s basketball program.
- Ability to travel overnight, work nights, weekends and as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of staff and student-athletes.
- Ability to resolve problems and answer questions related to the operations of the men’s basketball program.
- Ability to organize work flow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and written.
- Valid driver license with a good driving record; must be insurable.
- Demonstrated experience playing or coaching in men’s basketball
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
- Physically fit for men’s basketball related activities. Full range of physical activities.
How to apply: