Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach – Villanova University
Villanova University, a Division I institution and member of the Big East conference, has an immediate opening for a full-time assistant coach for men’s basketball. Responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including, but not limited to on court coaching, scouting opponents, recruiting, game day administration, academic monitoring of student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices; conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
* Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
* Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
* Coordinate with Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff to organize and monitor the physical conditioning of student-athletes.
Program Administrative and Fiscal Management:
* Coordinate with athletic travel liaison to ensure proper team travel arrangements are established in advance of travel.
* Coordinate the completion and submission of expense reports.
NCAA Compliance – Ensure program compliance with NCAA rules and regulations*:
* Schedule the appropriate department members to meet with student-athletes regarding NCAA compliance education and completion of paperwork.
* Monitor academics amongst student athletes, ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet NCAA eligibility and University standards.
Recruiting – Assist with managing the overall recruitment activities for the men’s basketball program*:
* Communicate via phone, emails and letters, and conduct home visits with prospective student-athletes and parents.
* Conduct home visits with prospective student-athletes and parents.
* In concert with the head coach, determine the scholarship allocation of the men’s basketball budget.
* Coordinate the application process for prospective student-athletes for admissions and financial aid.
Academics, Service, Marketing, Public Relations, and Development:
* Assist in the development of fund-raising events for the program within the framework of the university and departmental guidelines.
* Reinforce the Villanova ideals of devotion to service by designing appropriate events for the team to give back to the community and serve others.
* Understanding of budget issues and funds management. Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules, requirements, and expectations of universities, programs, coaching staffs, and athletes. Extensive knowledge of Men’s Basketball.
* Proficiency with personal computer applications.
Follow link below for complete job posting and application information.