To assist in coaching, recruiting, counseling, conditioning, evaluating for the men’s basketball team as directed, as well as instruct HPES 1549.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student athletes’ skills and teamwork; analyzes performance of team and adjusts strategies as needed; evaluates opponents and develops game strategies; plans and conducts practices and other activities in preparation for competition; manages camps and clinics, if applicable.
- Assists with the development of the team budget; analyzes historical expenditure fixtures; compiles projections for budget expenditures for various aspects of team operations (i.e. travel, equipment, recruiting, athletic aid, marketing, etc.); authorizes the expenditures of funds for team operations; monitors expenditures to ensure that they adhere to proscribed limitations; ensures that all expenditures are properly documented and in compliance with university and NCAA regulations; prepares expenditure reports as directed.
- Conducts promotional activities for fundraising, recruitment, public relations, and other marketing activities; attends promotional events, community activities, and fundraisers; prepares promotional materials for distribution (e.g. team background, participant bios, letters of interest, etc.); prepares and delivers speeches and presentations at local community groups, fundraisers, athlete events, etc.
- Assists with the administration of policies and procedures with respect to academic expectations for team members; communicates with academic advising staff regarding athletic academic performance; meets with athletes to review course load issues, degree requirements, course selections, etc.; counsels athletes on performance issues, study skills, and techniques for academic success.
- Identifies and develops team strategy for recruitment; analyzes team needs in order to focus recruitment efforts; creates promotional strategy for contacting and recruiting prospective student athletes; develops promotional correspondence and materials for distribution to prospective recruits; conducts recruiting trips and activities in accordance with developed recruitment strategy; formulates recommendations concerning the award of athletic aid to targeted recruits.
- Oversees assigned course loads; compiles lesson plans and related course materials; receives and responds to student inquiries; provides instruction to students in applicable subject matter; reviews student performance to determine appropriate grade or credit.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.