Assist Washington Wizards’ front office staff with the day-to-day operations of the organization. This is a paid internship.
- Provide administrative assistance to all staff as needed/requested.
- Provide personal assistance to all staff as needed/requested.
- Coverage of multiple phone lines, provide detailed, accurate messages.
- Daily duties include, but not limited to delivering mail, keeping order/inventory of office supplies, miscellaneous errands for staff as needed/requested.
- Assist in reconciling travel expenses for college/NBA team scouts.
- Assist in escorting visitors to various onsite meetings as needed.
- Provide logistical support to all areas of the department as necessary.
- Acquire knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Update player boards – draft prospects, NBA rosters, potential free agents.
- Research draft prospects for 2016 NBA draft; some pre-draft preparation.
- Update agent list/database as changes occur.
- Various projects requiring proficiency in use of Excel.
- Research for game preparation, compiling statistical information on opposing teams with information packet of basic stats/shot charts.
- Assist with multiple game day/game night responsibilities; includes pre-game setup for Wizards home games, working with SportVu camera during games.
- Develop working knowledge of SportVU technology- camera system installed in basketball arenas to track real-time player positions/ball movement.
- Data can create innovative statistics, and assist/identify with player queries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- An ideal candidate possesses: exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Reliable transportation and housing.