The Community Affairs/Youth Basketball Associate will be responsible for assisting with the execution of community and youth basketball initiatives, which result in providing an impact in the community as well as enhancing the positive image of the Pelicans’ brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage all Youth Basketball activation inclusive of running clinics and camps
- Coordinate all aspects of the Junior Training camp program
- Assist with the day to day execution of Pelicans Community Relations programs/initiatives
- Help with the execution of the player community ticket program.
- Works with Marketing, Game Operations, Communications and Broadcast departments to create awareness of all community initiatives to further enhance the Pelicans brand as a vested community partner.
- Support with the organization of assemblies, in-arena game presentations, school reading timeouts, ribbon cuttings, school and community group nights and various other community events.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year College or University.
- Community minded individual with experience working with community programs, non-profit, civic, and community groups.
- Personable, assertive, and articulate.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and planning skills are a must.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Must be able to work effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Must be a self starter capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be available to work after normal business hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Must be able to work outside