Position Overview: The Washington Wizards are seeking a highly motivated and organized Coordinator, Youth Basketball. This position will collaborate with multiple departments to support the activation and administrative duties of youth basketball programs, brand initiatives, events, and grassroots projects aimed at reaching and connecting with new and existing fans.
- Responsible for daily administrative tasks for the planning and execution of youth basketball programs.
- Actively seek new camp participants by researching grassroots basketball opportunities in the greater DMV.
- Assist with the activation of youth programs and Jr. NBA events including scheduling of gyms, staffing coaches, enrollment, equipment load in and load out, etc.
- Coach camps and clinics – in both supervisory and support roles.
- Build and update necessary data reports, program schedules, and timelines.
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist in ordering and responsible for managing inventory of uniforms, give-aways, and other program items.
- Support Marketing team with development of presentations, special projects, and coordination of group meetings.
- Develop detailed recaps for org-wide initiatives aimed at providing a snapshot of the team’s efforts, impact, and key insights from the activation.
- Responsible for the general well-being of all students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess effective communication & motivational skills that are age appropriate.
- Deep knowledge of the game of basketball, prior basketball coaching experience is required.
- Ability to craft lesson plans, develop age and skill level appropriate curriculum, and execute robust grassroots tournaments.
- Must be dependable, detail oriented, professionalism, and punctual.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated, and work independently with limited supervision
- Valid Drivers Licenses.
- Knowledge of the youth basketball landscape a plus.
- Certification in first aid, CPR and AED, or the willingness to become certified.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.