This position will aid and facilitate the operation of the Men’s Basketball program and the development of the Men’s Basketball student-athletes. This position will have an advisory role in all Men’s Basketball strategy and analysis, through the regular breakdown of team and opponent game film, development of analytic reports, and assistance with game planning. Additionally, this position will serve as a mentor to the development of Men’s Basketball student-athletes in all areas outside of basketball, with a focus on the holistic approach, and act as a liaison to other University and Department units helping in the area of student-athlete development.
- Works with the coaching staff during the off-season and regular season to plan, create, and implement practice and game plans for the Men’s Basketball team, including scouting opponents based on game footage.
- Develops analytic reports and shares them with coaching staff based on review of team and opponent film.
- Assist the coaching staff in creating a game plan and strategy for each opponent. Break down each opponent’s game plan and schemes.
- At the request of the coaching staff, will be responsible for grading and scouting video of potential student-athletes.
- Serve as a “go-to” and liaison between the coaches and campus/department staff as it relates to the holistic development of the student-athletes, particularly working with the Compliance and Student-Athlete Development offices.
- Coordinates with respective departments to assist student-athletes with scheduling classes, financial aid, summer bridge/Golden Bear Orientation programs, coordinating community service program aspects for the team, etc.
- Aid in the overall academic mission of the University and Department through the coordination of the academics for the student-athletes. Includes coordination with Athletic Study Center, maintaining up to date progress reports, class checks, and study hall monitoring.
- On road trips, will work with hotel to coordinate a location for study hall with ASC advisor.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating housing for student-athletes.
- Oversee the team managers for the program.
- Will maintain accurate files and records of all scouting reports of the team as well as opponents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- 10+ years of experience working in NCAA Division 1, Power 5 Men’s Basketball program.
- In depth understanding of Men’s Basketball concepts (i.e. zone defense, offensive sets, etc.) and ability to breakdown, analyze, and develop scouting reports based on film.
- Understanding of NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Previous experience working with academic supports services for student-athletes.
- Problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions, and an effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Thorough knowledge of the athletic program, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of applicable Pac-12 and NCAA rules and regulations.