The Director of Basketball Operations works alongside the Head Coach to oversee the complete operation of the men’s basketball program.
- Serve as the basketball liaison with the Business Office
- Create and maintain men’s basketball operation budget, and oversee all purchases and contractual agreements as it pertains to the men’s basketball program
- Assist the Head Basketball Coach in scheduling of future opponents
- Serve as basketball game day manager and serve as liaison for the visiting teams
- Plan and coordinate travel logistics for the men’s basketball team, including holiday break arrangements
- Serve as liaison to external entities: NCAA, Big Ten
- Serve as the liaison to the Compliance Services Office
- Assist the Marketing Department with game day events
- Oversee and track the 130 recruiting evaluation days for coaching staff
- Assist with all on-campus recruiting activities
- Liaison with ticket office while overseeing ticket allocation for home basketball and football recruiting tickets
- Liaison with the Development Office for basketball program Event Presentation, Donor Engagement, Ticket Sales, and Partnerships
- Organize and oversee summer camp and clinic planning and logistics
- Oversee all special events and projects including game day logistics, open practice planning, team banquet, etc.
- Work with facility managers for building maintenance, signage, and displays , as well as capital expenditure planning
- Oversees the full-time non-coaching personnel (support staff)
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the NCAA Compliance rules.
- Have NCAA basketball working or playing experience.
- Must have 4 year college degree.
- Must have high level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must work well in work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and time sensitive demands.