The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire aa Director of Men’s Basketball Operations to join our team.
Under direct supervision of the Head Basketball Coach, the Director of Basketball Operations is responsible for coordinating all aspects of basketball operations for the University of North Texas basketball team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates all aspects of basketball team travel.
- Completes all necessary business office documentation to arrange, coordinate, and pay for team travel.
- Submit all necessary bids, contracts, and document for buses and hotels.
- Reconciles team travel and expenses in a timely manor.
- Liaison with the business office on all basketball-related expenditure requests, approvals, paperwork, receipts, and budget preparation/management.
- Responsible for creation and management of Men’s Basketball Operations Budget.
- Coordinates all aspects of prospective athletes official visits, recruiting weekends, coaches recruiting travel, and overall recruiting coordination.
- Completes all necessary documents to have recruiting travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the recruiting trip.
- Reconciles all recruiting travel in a timely manor.
- Submit necessary documents to create requisitions for hotels during official visits if needed.
- Works directly with Academic and Compliance units assuring NCAA compliance and student athlete eligibility for basketball team.
- Coordinate with department on international student process to include insurance, taxes, and financial aid elements.
- Completes all task necessary to track prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility.
- Assist with day to day basketball activities allowed per NCAA rules.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
- Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
- Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach, Athletics Director, or Executive Team.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in coaching in respective sport at Intercollegiate Division I Level.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience in Basketball Operations or Coaching.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Excellent Computer Skills.