Director of Men’s Basketball Operations – University of the Pacific
|School:||University of the Pacific|
|Position:||Director of Men's Basketball Operations|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
Under general direction is responsible to plan and organize all team travel, coordinate student-athlete academic development, and serve as a social media liaison between Pacific and all conference schools and the West Coast Conference office.
1. Resolves routine and complex problems with minimal consultation; handles multiple assignments and prioritizes in a constantly changing work environment; recognizes and improves administrative and operational processes as needed.
2. Develops plans and arrangements for team’s travel for all contests conducted away from the Pacific campus. Responsible for booking travel: flights, hotels, ground transportation, meals and per diem.
3. Oversees and monitor’s expenses for team and coaches ensuring timely and accurate submission of expense reimbursements, adherence to University business policies and procedures, and provides support to budget planning and management.
4. Insures all aspects of academic performance for men’s basketball student-athletes. Develops and implements a tracking system of class attendance, communicates with academic advisor to insure degree progress leading to graduation, and plans all study table and tutor appointments.
5. Establishes guidelines and serves as a liaison for the men’s basketball team’s social media programs in the West Coast Conference. Educates staff and student-athletes on all aspects of this program.
6. Plans and develops marketing and community outreach activities for the men’s basketball program, including marketing and promotional activities with media, alumni and civic groups.
7. Assists in developing the men’s non-conference basketball schedule in accordance to NCAA and WCC rules.
8. Arranges and coordinates all housing needs for men’s basketball student-athletes – Fall, Spring & Summer.
9. Assists with all Booster Club meetings, events and activities.
10. Oversees the recruitment of and manages a team of student managers and work study students to complete required tasks such as practice preparation, statistical compilation, and video collection.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Follow link below for complete job posting and application information.