The Director of Men’s Basketball Operations will assist the Head Men’s Basketball Coach with the day-to-day operational needs of the men’s basketball program. Assumes a wide variety of administrative responsibilities that require independent judgement and decision making with respect to University, Department and NCAA guidelines.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate and perform a variety of administrative, fiscal, planning, and staff support activities.
- Primary contact for planning, scheduling, promotion, coordination for all special events for the men’s basketball program.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for operational and administrative needs and serves internal and external constituencies using strong interpersonal skills.
- Assists with the management of equipment.
- Coordinates and facilitates team functions, community service projects, camps, and clinics sponsored by the men’s basketball program.
- Manages all team travel arrangements and serves as liaison to visiting teams.
- Maintains discretion when handling confidential information.
- Performs specific duties that are logically related to the position as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Knowledge and experience in basketball at the collegiate level
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, complex environment, and to respond quickly to changes in the workplace
- Strong computer skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills to manage assignments, personnel, and equipment
- Proven organizational skills and ability to coordinate and negotiate travel arrangements, special programs and events