Coordinates all operational aspects of the NCAA Division I men’s basketball program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel – Coordinates all team travel arrangements, including air travel, hotel, meals, and ground transportation.
- Equipment – Work with the equipment manager and assistant coach to order and maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Meals – Coordinates all pre- and post-game team meals.
- Study table – Works as a liaison with the coordinator of athletic academic support and communicates with the head coach to ensure that the team’s mandatory study table hours are achieved.
- Camps – Directs individual camp and assists with team camp in coordination with the Assistant Director of Camps.
- Game schedules – Assists in preparing schedules
- On-campus recruiting – Works with coaching staff on all recruiting activities on campus.
- Official visits – Coordinates all arrangements for official visits, including travel and visit itineraries.
- Video exchange – Provide video of as many scheduled opponents as possible. Respond to video requests from other programs when appropriate. Send requests for conference video exchange. Arrange for game videos to be dubbed after home contests.
- Community outreach – Work with the coordinator of student-athlete services to engage the student-athletes in meaningful community outreach.
- Marketing and fundraising – Coordinate activities with the athletic development and marketing office.
- On-court managerial responsibilities – As assigned by coaching staff.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Knowledge of the game required; college playing experience preferred.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, members of the University community, San Diego community, and all media.
- Possess excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to understand the goals and responsibilities of a successful athletic program at the NCAA Division I level.
- Represent the University in a professional and responsible manner; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adherence to and appreciation for NCAA/conference/league regulations and ability to instill those values in students.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California drivers license required within six weeks of hire date.
- CPR/first aid certification required within six weeks of hire date.