Position is a temporary casual hire position and offers no benefits, not to exceed 19.75 hours/week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and instruction of players on and off the floor during the 2022-2023 playing season when the number of countable coaches on the court does not exceed 4.
- Assist in filming of practices, workouts, games and the breakdown, presentation and uploading of film.
- Assist in statistical breakdown of team, opponents and players during practices, coach run meetings and games (no technical tactical involvement in team meetings).
- Facilitate practice and workout plans during 8 week access period.
- Maintain a professional relationship with players, staff and colleagues.
- Cultivate a safe environment for players, staff and colleagues.
- Understand and abide by NCAA rules and regulations.
- Understand and abide by UH athletic department policies.
- Adhere to COVID requirements, regulations and policies.
- Communicate and follow the instruction of UH athletic trainers.
- Assist with unofficial and official visits, phone calls, mail outs and recruiting schedules and calendars.
- Responsible for the set up, break down and securing of facilities for workouts and practices.
- Assist with the Director of Operations on road trips. Tasks to include laundry, pick up snacks and food, assist with reservations, flights and hotel accommodations.
- Coordinate post game film exchange, breakdown and analysis.
- Maintain and distribute shot charts to players and coaches.
- Responsible for collaborating with visiting basketball teams to coordinate scheduling of practice times and assisting the visiting teams with game day needs such as pre-game meals.
- Promote and maintain an environment where the physical, mental, social and academic well-being of all student-athletes are a priority.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with administrators and coaches in the department, other college offices, and appropriate relationships with members of the media, donors, and other individuals interested in the sports program.
- Know, recognize and comply with the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing the University of Hawai‘i and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if there is reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, or others, have occurred or will occur.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the head coach.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in arts and science, business administration, education or related field
- 2 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for professional administrative support for a Division I basketball program; or professional playing experience for 5 or more years.
- or equivalent education/training or experience;