The Director of Student-Athlete Development is responsible for enhancing all aspects of the player development in the classroom and in the community for Men’s Basketball.
- Oversee the assessment for the quality of life of student athletes and in conjunction with head coach, assistant coaches, and support staff.
- Assist the Academic counselors with monitoring the academic accountability of current student athletes.
- Encourage positive attitude toward academic responsibility and personal conduct.
- Work as a life skills liaison in conjunction with the head coach and other coaching staff members.
- Coordinate a series of programs/events which enhance personal and career and professional development of student-athlete leadership skills.
- Assist student-athletes with their career and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, public relations, interpersonal, customer service and supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be of high character principle.
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Six (6) years of professional coaching/career development experience, or a combination of work experience and college education, may substitute for the required degree.
- Experience with Division I Basketball program preferred.