Graduate Assistant – Mary Baldwin University
This individual will report directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and will perform duties including but not limited to:
– Assisting with the recruitment and retention of student-athletes
– Assist with practice planning and implementation
– Assist with opponent scouting and game plan preparation
– Monitor academic progress of the student-athletes
– Assist the head coach with program fundraising
– Assist with athletic department events including community service
– Work closely with other department coaches and administrators responsible for rules compliance, athletic training, strength & conditioning, media relations, etc., to ensure the highest quality program possible for the student-athletes
The Graduate Assistant Coach will be responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules and regulations.
This is a 10-month position and is renewable by mutual consent for a second term for a two-year appointment. The position includes a $5,000 annual stipend, a campus meal plan and an 18 hour tuition waiver (contingent upon acceptance into the MBA program or the Masters of Education graduate program). This does not apply to other Masters/Doctorate programs at Mary Baldwin University.
· Bachelor Degree (required)
· Playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level (preferred)
· Excellent organization and communication skills.
· First Aid, AED and CPR certifications, or willingness to secure certifications upon hiring.
· Must have a valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to head coach Matt Griggs [email protected]