Summary of Position: The reporting relationship is to the Athletics Director and the Head Coach. For Athletics, the primary responsibilities are to assist, support and encourage a successful intercollegiate athletic program representing coaches and student athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Coach to develop, manage, and successfully coach basketball, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores and statistics, and website updating.
- Ensure strict adherence to all CL, NAIA, and NCCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Ensure the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Responsible for successful coaching of basketball, to include maximizing the team’s potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, supporting the spiritual development of each player, and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Assist to propagate a comprehensive public relations program.
- Assist the operations of sport camps and/or clinics.
- Assist in department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with University, CL, NAIA and NCCAA expectations, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all NAIA, NCCAA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists and other information keeping compliance as a first priority.
- Assist in coordinating and developing organized schedules and submit weekly countable hours report.
- Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily practice sessions. – (Essential)
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.