The Men’s Basketball Graduate Assistantship is designed to provide a learning experience for those interested in pursuing a career in collegiate basketball. This person shall assist in day-to-day event operations and departmental communication on a regular basis, along with coordinating practices, recruiting efforts and other needs of the program.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in all aspects of the men’s basketball program
- Develop relationships with student-athletes to help assist them with on and off the court player development
- Working nights, weekends, and holidays is an essential function of this position.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Assisting with recruiting efforts within the program on and off campus.
- Assist with organizing student-managers.
- Knowledge of the NCAA compliance rules and passing of the NCAA modules.
- Assist with game video and scouting reports.
- Assist with office work and social media efforts.
- Assist with community engagement activities and be a lead person.
- Organization of all team meals on road trips and donated meals for home games.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be accepted and enrolled full time (at least six (6) credit hours per semester) in a Master’s degree program (M.B.A. preferred) during the academic year (fall and spring semester).
- Previous experience in a college athletic setting.
- Genuine interest in and willingness to work with students; understanding of student attitudes, concerns and problems.
- Ability to exercise basic human relations skills in directing and motivating staff, and dealing with varied constituencies on and off campus.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Experience living or working in a residence hall, peer counselor, or campus/student leadership position(s).
- Ability to work with others in a non-university setting, e.g., camp counselor, social work volunteer, etc.
- Experience in supervision, advising, training, and/or diversity.
- AED and/or CPR training preferred.