The Head Men’s Basketball Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful Men’s Basketball Program. Responsibilities will include implementation of the Cincinnati State policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations of the OCCAC, NJCAA, and other regional and national policies related to coaching, recruiting, retention, fundraising, budgeting, and eligibility of student athletes.
Coach and supervise players, assistant coach(es), and during practices, contests, and trips to ensure that student athletes and staff represent the College in a positive manner
- Support the academic achievement success, retention, and graduation of student athletes.
- Ensure accountability of student athletes to the College Code of Conduct whether on campus or off campus and orient them to the policies and regulations of the College, as well as their rights and responsibilities related to continued participation in athletics and as successful students.
- Serve as a role model in personal conduct, sportsmanship, and department for student athletes, during contests, practices, and other events on campus and off campus.
- Work closely with Admissions and other campus offices to recruit outstanding student athletes.
- Prepare and execute practice and game plans and develop and administer conditioning and strength program.
- Meet all performance standards and expectations including maintaining accurate records and reports, attending meetings and conferences.
- Market the athletic program and the College to both internal and external constituencies.
- Raise funds for the basketball program with assistance from the Office of Development.
- Understand, support and exemplify the mission and values of the College.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Previous basketball coaching experience.
- History of coaching success and maintaining discipline as well as a supportive and professional relationship with players.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience teaching or advising students or student athletes.
- Experience with fund-raising for athletics.
- Coaching experience at the post-secondary or community college level.
- Proven record of accomplishment providing strategic and visionary leadership and that fosters the academic achievement, personal growth, retention, completion, graduation, and overall success of student athletes.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the highest standard of integrity.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and professional attitude in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the athletic staff along with a commitment to coaching and mentoring student-athletes.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, impulse, and emotional control, during highly stressful situations.
- Understanding of, commitment and sensitivity to, and respect for diversity and inclusion, including demonstrated multi-cultural competency and ability to build effective, collaborative relationships within diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.