The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership for and direct all aspects of the Elizabethtown College intercollegiate men’s basketball program.
- Direct all aspects of the intercollegiate men’s basketball program, recruitment and supervision of assistant coaches, practice and contest organization, team travel, budget management, scheduling, promotion of the program, and team fundraising.
- Meet annual goals for student athlete recruitment and retention.
- Effectively promote an inclusive, safe and welcoming environment for all student athletes and set expectations for diversity and inclusion in all team activities.
- Support student athlete wellness initiatives in partnership with Student Wellness
- Conduct the men’s basketball program in accordance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Adhere to all college policies including, but not limited to, specific duties as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and Responsible Employee.
- Manage additional administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Assist with game management (fall and winter)
- Assist with facility management for Thompson Gymnasium and Alumni Pool (management of life guards)
- Manage student workers’ payroll
- This position requires a valid driver’s license for business travel purposes (individual must have a US driver’s license for at least three years and also be qualified under College policy to transport students in college-owned and/or leased vehicles). CPR, AED and 1st Aid certification also is required.