This position will report to the Director of Athletics & Intramurals. The Head Coach will be responsible for the following: the operations, management, administering, recruitment and coaching of a NCAA Division III Men’s Basketball program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the academic development and graduation of student-athletes. Demonstrate a strong commitment to their personal and professional development.
- Be able to field a competitive team by recruiting quality student-athletes.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Assist Director of Athletics with scheduling of games.
- Be able to manage the programs budget and assist with fiscal decision.
- Develop values of discipline and sportsmanship that properly represents Medgar Evers College athletics mission.
- Be able to operate a college van and transport student-athletes to away games.
- Be able to supervise assistant coaching staff, team managers, and etc.
- Be able to maintain effective relationships with student-athletes, coaches, staff, and faculty in the process of maintaining the department’s goals.
- Engage in team fundraising activities and alumni engagement events.
- Attend all Athletic Department staff meeting and staff development sessions.
- Comply and be familiar with all sanctioned rules, regulations and policies of Medgar Evers College, the City University of New York (CUNY), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division III (NCAA).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior collegiate playing, assistant and or head coaching experience required.
- Driver’s License required