Responsible for planning, development and administration of all phases of the Men’s Basketball program
RESPONSIBILITIES: Head Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to the University of Illinois.
- Responsible in all areas of team performance including pre-season, post-season training, practice and competition
- Work closely with support staff for both peak performance of the athletes as well as their development academically and socially.
- Oversee strength and conditioning activities, academic and medical issues.
- Hire and supervise all assistant coaches and support staff
- Organization, planning and conduct of safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
- Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotions and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
- Produce a quality team capable of a representative win/loss record as determined by University Administration
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Represent University at national, regional, state, and local professional organization events.
- Supervise all operations including but not limited to NCAA paperwork, scheduling, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment, marketing and budget management.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
- Adherence to the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Coaches Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas of sport management or related field.
- Master’s degree in same areas of concentration.
- Demonstrated coaching experience in planning and directing a highly skilled men’s basketball team.
- Proven ability to select, recruit and develop highly qualified student-athletes.
- Knowledge of personnel management and staff development, financial planning, and personal relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, administrative personnel, and the general public.
- Minimum five years coaching experience.
- High moral and ethical standards required.
- Five years coaching at Division I level preferred
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by March 20, 2017. Applications not submitted through link below will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Paul Kowalczyk, Executive Associate Athletic Director, [email protected].
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.