Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Men’s Basketball Coach responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organization, direction and administration as well as recruitment and retention of student-athletes at a NCAA Division III institution. This is a full-time, 12 month position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative and leadership skills required
- Identify and recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the program
- Coach/Teach athletes and oversee day-to-day program responsibilities
- Maintain a competitive and successful program
- Comply with NCAA/ASC rules and regulations and support NCAA Division III/ASC Philosophy and Mission
- Represent the University on and off the field in a positive fashion
- Provide a positive experience to the student-athleteQUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong administrative, organizational, management and communication skills with attention to detail
- Playing experience and ability to teach the sport
- Collegiate coaching/recruiting experience is preferred
- Send a letter of interest, résumé, and three to five professional references to Lisa Thomas.
- E-Mail, with MS-Word or pdf attachments (for applications): [email protected]
- Mail: University of the Ozarks, 415 N. College Ave., Clarksville, AR 72830Applications received by Monday April 3, 2017 will be assured of full consideration. Start date: May 1, 2017 or as soon as possible.