ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Instruct athletes with sound principles and expert skill in skills, training, and strategies to achieve success.
• Has knowledge of game rules and Conference/NCAA regulations and implements these rules on a consistent basis.
• Students will receive instruction and spiritual guidance that will lead to positive values, acceptable behavior, and self-discipline consistent with the philosophy of athletics at CBU.
• Motivate team for maximum performance by utilizing motivational philosophies that meet the needs of the students and that are consistent with the CBU Athletic Program philosophy.
• Assigns assistant coaches specific duties, supervises the assignments, and completes proper evaluation at the end of season.
• Within the framework of CBU and NCAA policies, recruit prospective student-athletes who are of the level necessary to be successful academically and athletically.
• Display good sportsmanship in relationship with students, staff, officials and opponents as consistent with NCAA policies regarding the principle of sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
• Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule changes, and NCAA policies.
• Responsible for submission of yearly budget to Athletic Director and keep current on all team expenditures to ensure compliance with team budget.
• Maintain and submit all required conference and NCAA lists, forms and records on time as instructed by Compliance Office.
• Develops in each athlete a respect for University property and its care.
• Works with the Athletic Director in setting goals and objectives for the Athletic Department. Acts in a wise and prudent manner when the Athletic Director is not available.
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of staff personnel and in the development of roles and responsibilities.
• Effectively manage time in a demanding work environment.
• Respond to all administrative correspondence in the requested timeframe and attend all staff meetings.
• Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
• Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
• Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
• Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
• A valid California Class “C” driver’s license is required; also a Class “B” is required to be obtained within 90-days from date of hire.