• Must have a demonstrated knowledge of basketball, NJCAA Division III rules, a commitment to the academic and athletic development of student athletes, as well as a commitment to the mission of Hostos Community College.
• Must be knowledgeable and abide by all College, CUNYAC and NJCAA Division III rules, while ensuring a safe environment for the student-athletes.
• Must be able to recruit, instruct and motivate student-athlete.
• Must have excellent communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation.
• Must coordinate all team travel arrangements.
• Must initiate and participate in team community service and community engagement projects.
• Must coordinate all team fundraising activities in accordance with College and NJCAA Division III rules.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Perform other duties, which may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.