Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assist in the planning, management, evaluation, operation, and coordination of all student-athletes
– Supervising and organizing practice sessions.
– Supervising and organizing assistant coaching staff, game/practice floor coaching, recruiting, scheduling, team travel and attending meetings.
– Travel with and be able to drive the team to all away games schedule for the season.
– Full support of the academic support program; must have a strong commitment to the Academic and Life Skills development of student-athletes.
– Must possess strong organizational skills
– Must be committed to the recruiting of as well as the physical conditioning of student-athletes as a necessary component of the program’s success.
– Perform professional and administrative services essential to the successful implementation and development of the intercollegiate basketball program
– Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of LaGuardia Community College.
– Maintain proper and appropriate discipline among students during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off campus.
– Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, City University of New York (CUNY), LaGuardia Community College, National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA Division III) policies and procedures.