The Head Men’s Basketball Coach at Utah State University Eastern/College of Eastern Utah is responsible for all components of a highly competitive NJCAA Division I community college men’s basketball program. This includes recruiting and coaching players, helping players to develop basketball skills and techniques and developing game strategy.
1. Responsible for carrying out all practices necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NJCAA, Scenic West Athletic Conference and the College.
2. Responsible for recruiting highly skilled student-athletes for the men’s basketball team.
3. Responsible for orienting student athletes to the policies and regulations of the College, Department of Athletics, SWAC and the NJCAA.
4. Monitors and ensures academic progress of members of the basketball team.
5. Participation in fundraising/public relations in support of athletics and the basketball program.
6. Selects, supervises and evaluates assistant basketball coaches.
7. Oversees conduct and discipline of student athletes.
8. Counsels student athletes in sport participation and develops, motivates, and assists in the pursuit of academic/athletic excellence.
9. Works with the admissions office with enrollment of student-athletes, ensuring that student-athletes meet eligibility standards.
10. May drive student athletes or other students to team activities and/or athletic events.
11. Performs other job related duties as assigned.