Head Men’s Basketball Coach Virginia Union University is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Head Men’s Basketball Coach to coordinate and administer a comprehensive basketball program for Virginia Union University. The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for the leadership, supervision and evaluation of all aspects of the Men’s Basketball program.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Recruiting players; monitor student athletes’ academic progress; hiring, supervising and evaluating assistant basketball coaches;
• Organize, staff, and supervise practice and off season programs; manage Men’s basketball budget; develop games schedules in consultation with the athletic director; and other duties, as assigned by the Athletic Director,
• Recruit, retain, and graduate academically successful student athletes; promote the basketball program through public relations activities, alumni, and friends of basketball relationships;
• Conduct a basketball program in compliance with all NCAA, CIAA and the University’s rules, regulations and values. The basketball program must also be one that is in concert with the University’s mission and goals, and one in which student-athletes graduate and achieve competitive success; and
• Develop positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, media, alumni, parents and donors while interacting successfully with department personnel and the University community; and