|The responsibilities of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach are to conduct all aspects of the program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Alderson Broaddus University, the NCAA, and the G-MAC. The expectations of the head coach include: commitment to the mission of Alderson Broaddus University, meeting the established recruiting goals of the athletic department, developing a competitive program, scheduling, conducting practices, budget oversight, travel planning, fund raising, monitoring academic progress of players, understanding NCAA rules, and completion of any duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
|1. Meet the assigned recruiting goals for each year.
2. Maintain the assigned roster size for each year.
3. Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes in the men’s basketball program.
4. Ensure eligibility of student-athletes in the men’s basketball program.
5. Retain and graduate a satisfactory number of recruited student-athletes.
6. Monitor the social behavior of all coaches and student-athletes in the men’s basketball program.
7. Ability to exercise good judgment in problem resolution situations.
8. Implement practices, player development programs, and conditioning programs.
9. Provide a program that is competitive at the G-MAC level.
10. Assist Assistant AD for Operations and Media Relations and Assistant AD of Marketing & Communications with marketing and promotions materials.
11. Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
12. Participate in community and campus life opportunities.
- Previous college coaching experience, preferably head coaching experience.
- Knowledge and experience with recruiting.