Grays Harbor College is accepting applications for a Head Men’s Basketball Coach/Athletic Program Manager for Athletics. This position reports reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the coordination of all functions associated with managing a collegiate men’s basketball program, recruiting/media coordination, and fitness center/weight room supervision.
NOTE: This position is two combined positions:
1) Head Men’s Basketball Coach ($5719/year)
2) PT Program Manager, Athletic Dept ($15,067/year – 57.5% FT)
If you are interested in applying for the Basketball Coach position ONLY, please specify in your cover letter.
Grays Harbor College has a strong commitment to the achievement of equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff and students and values the rich diverse backgrounds that make up the campus community. To ensure the college provides an inclusive educational and employment environment focused on strategies for success and equitable outcomes for all, we are seeking a candidate who has a profound understanding of, and experience with, successfully supporting individuals with varying backgrounds, including people with disabilities; people with various gender identities and sexual orientations; individuals from historically underrepresented communities; and other groups.
Examples of Duties
Head Coaching Duties
- Coach/coordinate/supervise the men’s basketball program. Adhere to established Grays Harbor College Athletic Department Coaches Handbook.
- Recruit and retain a full roster of student-athletes for the men’s basketball team at Grays Harbor College.
- Develop home and away participation schedules and expectations. Manage budget related to men’s basketball.
- Demonstrate continued professional growth by staying current in and expanding knowledge of basketball coaching techniques through a plan of professional development.
- Fundraise to meet program and department needs.
- Provide creative ideas for increasing visibility and effectiveness through marketing and promotion of the athletic department.
- Update and edit content for all sports and the College’s athletics website
- Oversee all content on www.ghcathletics.com, including news and feature stories, photos, rosters, schedules and multimedia content
- Develop the use of media platforms and technology to promote the athletic department, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Broaden current social media platforms and strategies for the department.
- Create and distribute visiting team guides
- Work with Athletic Director in marketing plan for department fundraising events.
- Work with Athletic Director to develop an advertising campaign for each sport program.
Fitness Center/Weight Room Supervisor
- Establish and maintain cleanliness standards in the fitness center, weight room, and athletic facilities
- Train and schedule work-study students assigned to the Fitness Center
- Monitor the weight room/fitness center
- Monitor equipment inventory for the weight room/fitness center and schedule maintenance when necessary.
- Monitor work study budget for weight room/fitness center
- Train and schedule work-study students assigned to the athletic department.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Associate’s Degree and experience as a collegiate men’s basketball coach
Bachelor’s Degree, Experience in Athletic Administration