Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1924, is an independent, Catholic institution that strives to foster equality through education. The College is situated in Chestnut Hill, a charming neighborhood in Northwest Philadelphia. The College community is proud of its mission to provide students with holistic education marked by academic excellence, shared responsibility, personal and professional growth, service to one another and the global community, and concern for the Earth.
The Head Coach is the individual charged (in conjunction with the Director of Athletics) with the responsibility, planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing of duties and functions for the individual sports program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics. As a full-time member of the athletic department staff, the Director of Athletics will assign the head coach additional duties including, but not limited to, the assignment of event management responsibilities.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to assistant coaches.
- Responsible for being thoroughly familiar with and complying with all College, Department, Conference, and NCAA policies, and disseminating such information to assistant coaches and student-athletes. This includes the annual completion of the NCAA coaching certification test.
- Organize Athletic Alumni events to engage athletic alumni with the college.
- Work with the Associate athletic director in scheduling independent contests.
- Show respect for officials, opposing coaches, visiting teams, parents, fans, student-athletes, fellow coaches, and faculty.
- Attend all meetings called by the athletic director.
- Recruit and contact prospective student-athletes to the athletic program, working closely with the Admissions Department and the Athletic Department.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to the coaching position as needed or directed by the Athletic Director.
- Be responsible for award presentations during the annual awards program, and incorporate total coaching staff.
- Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as the highest priority for the student-athlete, and being sensitive to class and final examination schedules when scheduling practice and game competitions.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Work with athletes in a fair, understanding, tolerant, sympathetic, and patient manner.
- Notify all members of the team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Be responsible for the conduct of student-athletes and other involved students at all times – practices, games, bus rides, other schools, etc.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and the framework of the Athletic Department.
- Attend institutional-sponsored drug and alcohol awareness programs.
- Responsible for maintaining current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- Position will require evening and weekend hours.
- Serve as game administrator for assigned home events.