The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is a full-time, 12-month position reporting directly to the Director of Athletics.
- Adhere to the core values of Clayton State Athletics, which are: Professionalism, Character, Accountability, Innovative, Excellence and Trust;
- Adhere to the mission statements of Clayton State University and the Department of Athletics;
- Carry out all aspects of the men’s basketball program necessary to accomplish objectives of the sport within the guidelines of the Department of Athletics, the Peach Belt Conference, and NCAA DII;
- Comply with all Clayton State University and NCAA Division II rules and regulations;
- Meet team fundraising minimums established by the Director of Athletics;
- Ensure team is engaging the local community, participating in at least two community service events per year;
- Select, hire, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches;
- Conduct efficient and effective practice sessions, focusing on student-athlete development and competitiveness;
- Schedule contests and obtain game contracts with opposing teams;
- Recruit highly skilled student-athletes that fit the profile of the institution and are good citizens on campus, the playing court, and in the community;
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes and work with athletics staff to ensure academic success;
- Oversee the conduct and discipline of men’s basketball student-athletes;
- Prepare and report on time, particularly regarding operating budget, eligibility, compliance, and travel documentation;
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of Clayton State University property;
- Arrange all team travel, including buses, vans, hotels, flights, and other potential accommodations;
- Assign athletics scholarships within all budget and financial aid guidelines;
- Work within team budget provided by Clayton State athletics administration;
- Attend athletics department staff meetings;
- Attend NCAA education sessions conducted by the NCAA Compliance Officer and work closely with this office;
- Participate in promotional activities geared towards promoting the men’s basketball program, the University, and Clayton State Athletics;
- Keep the Director of Athletics informed about the men’s basketball program;
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Minimum three years coaching the sport of basketball at the intercollegiate level. Must have a proven track record of recruiting successful STUDENT-athletes and achieving competitive success.
The successful candidate must be well organized, innovative, have excellent communication skills, attentive to details, can lead, and willingness to serve Clayton State student-athletes, campus, and community. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required.
- Please, no phone calls at this time.