The Head Men’s Basketball Coach will report to the Director of Athletics. Responsibilities will include all aspects of coaching, student development and recruiting as well as assisting the Director of Athletics in the leadership, vision and supervision of the men’s basketball program.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Serve as professional educator for all student athletes, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times.
- Carry out various team development tasks, including: generating on-campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Perform various administrative tasks for the program: plan and monitor budget; maintain inventory of, and project expenses related to equipment and uniforms and coordinate program schedule.
- Prepare facilities for practices and home contests.
- Arrange travel for away games.
- Serve as liaison with other college professionals regarding at-risk student athletes. Maintain knowledge and familiarity with all student services to facilitate this liaison role.
- Participate in various athletic advertising and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain strict compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist Admissions staff in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to supervisor or security.
- Work effectively with all college employees and students.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, high school coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.
- Ability to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics
- Recruit student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.