Delta College is looking for a coach who is willing to lead our young men in our basketball program to be champions on and off the court. To be able to demonstrate Delta College Athletics 5 key values: Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Sportsmanship and Servant Leadership on a daily basis. To promote student success through academics building a strong foundation for the young men in the program.
- Remain in compliance with the NJCAA, Region 12 and the MCCAA regarding policy, procedures and eligibility, including at home and away events, reporting any possible violation of the NJCAA rule book and or ejections of a student-athlete or coach. Attending all Region 12 coaches meetings.
- Promote Academic Excellence as it relates to the student-athletes through monitoring progress report updates, study table hours, attendance check in.
- Coordinate game and practice dates and times both in-season/off-season with the Athletics Office. Must be present at all practices unless absence has been approved by the Athletic Director.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date records, schedules, rosters, and other pertinent information for the sport, including updating the stats on the NJCAA website as well as the Delta Athletics website. As well as being thorough with the pre-season and post-season check list.
- Stay abreast of the latest coaching methods and techniques in the respective sport including going to professional development meetings.
- Maintain communication regarding all athletic injuries with the Athletic Trainer on duty. Report immediately any injury that may happen at an away event.
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned