Head Men’s Basketball Coach – Franklin & Marshall College
|School:||Franklin & Marshall College|
The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the Diplomat Men’s Basketball team. The Head Coach supports the academic mission of the college through athletics by teaching and demonstrating examples of leadership and value based decision making to student-athletes. The Coach facilitates integration of athletics into our student’s educational experience and initiates activities in support of the department.
– Implement and maintain a standard of performance consistent with the College’s goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promote academic achievement among athletes. Consult with and work collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Director of Student-Athlete Health and Welfare regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
– Provide instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential. Determine appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation. Provide effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to Assistant Coaches. Provide assistance in scheduling and organizing games. Develop and communicate practice schedules.
– Manage the program within budgetary guidelines. Submit all budget-related reports and requests as required. Advise the Athletic Director of resource needs, including funding needs and staffing needs. Raise Diplomat Athletic Club (DAC) funds to meet goal established by Department in cooperation with the Development Office.
– Collaborate with Admission personnel to develop and implement recruiting strategies and programs to identify and attract promising student-athletes. Provide recommendations to Admission staff regarding admittance to Franklin & Marshall. Maintain an understanding of Admission objectives, strategies, practices and procedures.
– Work with Athletic Communications staff to promote the team and provide relevant information to the media; collaboratively work with College Advancement personnel to promote and administer Diplomat Athletic Club activities and events.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
Follow link below for complete job posting and application information.