Franklin Pierce University is seeking a mission-focused, self-starter as the Head Coach of Men’s Basketball. Our athletics are more than just our successes, but our Ravens pride and passion. This position will be someone who can continue our Ravens’ mission through skillful leadership and coaching. Responsibilities for all aspects of coaching and program development for both varsity programs within institutional, conference and NCAA Division II regulations, inclusive of scheduling, budget management and recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Plans and administers all aspects of a successful Athletics Program.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Recruits academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
- Directs all aspects, areas and components of the sports team.
- Coordinates all strategic aspects of the specific sports program.
- Represents sports program to various institutional programs and externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
- Monitors student-related athletics and academic development
- Adheres to all NCAA conference and institution policies and procedures.
- Meets with students, parents, coaches and guidance counselors to discuss the
Franklin Pierce University athletic and academic programs
- Completes background research regarding students to assess the likelihood of succeeding academically and socially, as well as athletically at
Franklin Pierce University
- Assists with scheduling, travel arrangements and/or other administrative tasks
- Informally advise and counsel team members on a variety of matters
- Participates in various athletic advertising and fundraising efforts
- Remains current on relevant college athletics regulations and guidelines
- Manages all daily operations and coordinates all administration facets of the specific sports program.
- Oversees all aspects of the financial operation of the specific sports program.
- Supervises staff
- Assist with the overall direction, effectiveness and environment of the College’s Men’s athletic program, researches, informs and promotes issues regarding gender equity and Title IX.
- Performs other duties as assigned.