Administer and manage all functions and oversight of the men’s basketball program. Provide an excellent, transformative student-athlete experience, demonstrate positive progress in competitive standing in the Landmark Conference, recruit student-athletes to the college and maintain roster standards (to be set annually by the athletic director).
- Men’s Basketball coaching duties: ensure compliance with all institutional, conference, and NCAA standards; organize and conduct safe practice/training sessions, purchase and maintain equipment, schedule intercollegiate contests, monitor the academic progress and overall development of student-athletes; establish behavioral/social expectations for student-athletes participating in the men’s basketball program; monitor athletic facilities for safety of all users during open hour
- Recruit men’s basketball prospective student-athletes. The annual goal will be determined by the athletic director, in consultation with the head coach, and will be based on the current roster size, institutional priorities, and other factors
- Engage in fundraising to supplement budgets and expenses; engage alumni network to maintain relationships and commitment to the program and institution.
- Supervise graduate assistant and volunteer assistant coaches. Provide mentorship and professional development
- Take on one additional administrative responsibility assigned each year by the Athletic Director – usually overseeing game management for one sport
- Attend Athletics staff meetings and departmental trainings; engage with the Division of Student Affairs and College community as a representative of the Athletics Department; other duties as assigned