Great Lakes Christian College, located in Lansing, MI, is seeking to fill the position of
Men’s Basketball Coach. The individual filling this position will be a part of the
Enrollment Management Division of Great Lakes.
Great Lakes Christian College is a four year college focused on preparing servant
leaders for the church and world. In the 70 plus years of existence, the college has
prepared numerous men and women for ministry positions and laypersons to serve the
Kingdom of God. Our history gives hope for the future. Students are the key to our
success. The position we are filling serves both as a means to recruit and to retain
those students. The position we are filling serves both as a means to recruit and to
retain those students. This position will help make Great Lakes ready to serve God’s
kingdom for the years to come.
Applicants having Gameday Management or SID experience will be a plus. Great Lakes
Christian College is an NCCAA Division II institution and competes in the NCCAA. This
position is responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, skill development,
performance, scouting, discipleship and administration of the Men’s Basketball program
in the manner that upholds the mission and values of Great Lakes Christian College and
the Athletics program.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and teaching-oriented. They will
demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith. The incumbent must be able to
communicate effectively verbally, in writing, in person and by telephone. This position
reports to the Director of Athletics.
1. Schedule intercollegiate events for Basketball. The schedule must meet all
requirements for the intention to compete in the NCCAA.
2. Oversee budgets for equipment, travel, officials, recruiting, and approved expenses.
3. Commitment to the mission of Great Lakes Christian College and work to recruit and
retain academically qualified student-athletes that represent our beliefs in a positive
4. Maintain and set reasonable policies designed for students-athlete success.
5. Coordinate recruiting with the admissions director and compliance office.
6. Create and implement a discipleship program for the team.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and demonstrate personal maturity
and godliness, agree with our statement of faith, and be involved with a local church
9. Support the mission statement of “to prepare servant leaders in the church and world”
1. Prior Coaching and competitive experience is required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree.
3. Working knowledge of NCCAA DII rules.
4. Collegiate coaching experience preferred