Responsibilities include the administration, management and promotion of all aspects of a successful Div. III athletic program including; recruiting, scheduling, travel arrangements, manage operational budget, public relations, fund raising, supervision of assistant coaches and compliance with NCAA and Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association rules and regulations. Additional responsibilities include teaching several physical education activity classes as assigned by the PE Department Chair and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain a recruiting process to identify and yield the quality of student athlete that would be admissible to Kalamazoo College.
- Coordinate all recruiting activities with the Admissions/Athletic Department liaison and adhere to all institutional admissions policies and procedures.
- Supervise and assign in writing job duties for assistant coaches if applicable and perform written evaluations of assistant coaches.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures as stated in Kalamazoo College’s faculty/staff handbook, athletic department policies and procedures manual and MIAA and NCAA Div. III rules and regulations.
- Maintain budgetary responsibilities. Coordinate all expenditures and commitments with the Athletic Director to ensure fund approval and availability. Operate the program with a balanced budget.
- Adhere to athletic department and business office procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures.
- Coordinate current and future game schedules with the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate current and future practice and game schedules with the Assistant Athletic Director to ensure facility availability.
- Coordinate, attend and supervise all daily practice sessions, workouts, contests, and team travel.
- Ensure all practices and contests are conducted in a professional manner and that the highest standards of sportsmanship and integrity are maintained.
- Maintain an accurate log of practice dates and times for NCAA records.
- Have and maintain a thorough knowledge of MIAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Report any alleged violations of MIAA or NCAA rules and regulations.
- Teach PE courses as assigned by the PE Department Chair.
- Serve on campus committees and/or special department or institutional committees as assigned.
- Perform special and/or additional duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or Assistant Athletic Director.