The Athletics Department is recruiting for an experienced professional to join the team as a Head Men’s Basketball Coach. The Head Men’s Basketball Coach provides leadership, organization and supervision for all aspects of the men’s basketball team to support a competitive and successful program within the Northwest Conference and NCAA Division III. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. A review of applications will begin immediately, and will be accepted until filled.
Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm; some early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed for events and programming
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Head Men’s Basketball Coach:
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all aspects of the men’s basketball program.
- Follow all NCAA Division III, Northwest Conference and Linfield University rules and regulations, and meet or exceed the expectations outlined in the athletic department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Actively recruit prospective student-athletes for men’s basketball that will succeed academically at Linfield University and enhance the level of competition for the basketball program within the NWC and NCAA Division III.
- Manage the men’s basketball budget, following purchasing and spending guidelines as set by the university and the athletic department.
- Hire, train and supervise assistant coaches for the men’s basketball program.
- Schedule contests with consultation and approval from the athletic director.
- Conduct out of season training sessions for men’s basketball in compliance with NCAA and NWC regulation.
- Cultivate a positive team image, promote and support the overall student-athlete experience and aid in the academic, athletic and social development of student-athletes; model collegiality and respect for others.
- Within University policies, engage in public relations and community outreach activities, including sponsorship and fundraising activities. Solicit funds and sponsorships from local businesses, alumni, and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic director.