The Men’s Basketball Head Coach is responsible for planning and administering all aspects of the Men’s Basketball program including but not limited to the following:
- Recruiting and retaining qualified student-athletes in compliance with all University, NJCAA, and NJCAA Region XXIII regulations and policies.
- Preparing a competitive schedule and coaching team during scheduled practices and competitions.
- Maintaining the gymnasium.
- Providing appropriate training, discipline, and coaching for student-athletes that leads to a highly competitive men’s basketball program.
- Serving as a mentor to student-athletes helping them develop academically, physically, and socially.
- Monitoring student-athletes in their academic performance to assure timely progress toward degree completion and graduation.
- Organizing and conducting fundraisers for the men’s basketball program that will expand the financial support for the program.
- Maintaining responsibility for all program revenues and expenses.
- Attending departmental staff meetings and special events of both the Athletic Department and the University.
- Working with the University and local community to help promote and publicize the team and LSUE Athletics.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- At least 3 years coaching experience (Head/Assistant) at the collegiate or high school level with a demonstrated record of success; head coaching experience preferred; collegiate coaching experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong public service orientation skills
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Skill in budget preparation
- Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Ability to work significant evening, night, and weekend hours w/ travel
All applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, copies of official transcript(s), and three professional references including name, title, phone number, and e-mail address to link below. Please attach all documents under the Resume/CV section of your application. Original transcript(s) are required prior to hire.