Head Men’s Basketball Coach – New Mexico Junior College
|School:||New Mexico Junior College|
|Salary:||$39,290.00 - $58,000.00 Annually|
The Head Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible to the Vice President for Student Services and the Director of Athletics. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) provide direction for the NMJC Thunderbird Athletic Team to include: recruiting high character, high quality student athletes, conduct all practices of the team, coach the team through all scheduled games; student athlete selections, and coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of the athletic equipment and facility ;
(2) provide discipline and guidance to student athletes, provide for academic counseling and advisement opportunities for all team players;
(3) prepare all budgets related to the basketball program;
(4) coordinate and plan all team travel;
(5) secure game officials for all home contests;
(6) assist in residential housing supervision;
(7) work with College Communications and NMJC Booster Club to advance the reputation of athletics;
(8) arrange the schedule for all games;
(9) coordinate all publicity events for the team;
(10) assist in the preparation of all written athletic publications;
(11) provide supervision to the Assistant Coach and volunteer coaches;
(12) participate in a process of continual personal and professional improvement;
(13) actively participate in the institutional goals and objectives designed to support the mission of the college;
(14) serve on all college committees as assigned; and
(15) nothing contained herein shall limit the President in assigning the employee to any of the various college activities for which he/she would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico Junior College.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Successful community college coaching experience preferred. Applicant must be committed to excellence in coaching.
Follow link below for official job posting and application information.