To assist in various Athletic Department functions; help coordinate all college athletic activities; and to coordinate and communicate University sports information. Serve as the Head Coach of the NVU-J Men’s Basketball team.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Associate Dean of Athletics in the overall administration, development, and implementation of varsity athletic programs. The assistant athletic director/men’s basketball coach will also serve as a member of the department’s decision-making team.
- Serve as the compliance coordinator for the athletics department.
- Complete scheduling, transportation, and lodging for all varsity programs.
- Schedule officials, organize game contracts, and assist with game management for home events.
- Assist the coaching staff with program needs including facility upkeep, equipment, and uniforms.
- Represent the department of athletics by serving on university committees and boards where appropriate.
- Oversee, develop, and implement all aspects of the men’s basketball program. Responsibilities include recruitment of quality student athletes, retention, fund raising, pre- and post-season conditioning programs, and the organizing and planning of practices and game strategies.
- Monitor academic performance of student athletes. This includes overseeing class attendance, grades, class performance, and study habits to encourage the attainment of a degree and maintain athletics eligibility.
- The head coach will be responsible for initializing and supervising community service projects in coordination with the athletic department.
- Other duties as assigned.