The Head Basketball Coach will report to the Athletic Director and will oversee all aspects of operating a successful Intercollegiate Basketball program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification)
- Scouting and Recruiting of Prospective Student-Athletes:
- Identify prospective student-athletes capable of succeeding academically, spiritually, and athletically, as well as successful student retention at Ohio Christian University.
- Update the OCU Athletics Recruiting and Compliance Report on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a database of prospects including updated records of contacts.
- Successfully recruit those identified student-athletes.
- Student-Athlete Skill Instruction; Team and Game Preparation:
- Teach all basic and advanced skills required in the sport of Basketball during individual skill sessions, team practices, as well as strength and conditioning sessions.
- Develop and implement of sound and safe practice plans that successfully prepare the student-athletes with the fundamentals of the sport of Basketball.
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic game plan for each scheduled contest throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, the evaluation of upcoming opponents by breaking down game tapes, preparing a scouting report for the student-athletes and making adjustments to the game plan during contests.