Coach, direct and oversee all aspects of NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, coach, mentor and inspire student athletes up through graduation, in a manner designed to maximize their development as people.
- Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division I level, who are capable of succeeding academically, and who are interested in engaging in the campus community.
- Administer all aspects of the programs including scheduling, facilities, travel, scholarships, equipment and supplies, marketing, fund raising and alumni relations.
- Evaluate and select Assistant Coaches and other basketball-specific support staff (regular and volunteer, if applicable).
- With assistance from sport administrator, manage the program within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Determine individual and team strengths and develop strategies and a team culture designed to maximize the individual and collective potential of the student-athletes and team.
- Create plans for in-season and out-of-season player development. Ensure that appropriate safety precautions are taken in practice, games and during team travel.
- Adhere to the recommendations of sports medicine, strength and conditioning and academic support.