Employee administers all aspects of the sports program under the direct supervision of the Director of Athletics. Coaching duties require professionalism and integrity. This includes, but is not limited to the following: recruitment, retention, and graduation of talented high-character student athletes, the administration of all aspects of in-season and off-season competitive preparation and training of the sports team, academic monitoring and mentoring of student athletes in the sports program and fundraising as needed together with involvement in community activities. The position also requires a fifteen-credit hour per academic year teaching load in a teaching field in which the coach is qualified under the direct supervision of the appropriate Division Chair or other assignment as needed.
SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE MISSION AND VALUES
- All employees will represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- All employees will uphold the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning.
- All employees will perform job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Provides ethical and dynamic leadership of the sports program that consistently results in the achievement of both academic and competitive excellence.
- Prepares for and attends practices, games, and team activities.
- Performs thorough off-campus and/or video scouting of both opponents and potential recruits.
- Recruits, retains and facilitates the graduation of talented, high-character student athletes.
- Administers all aspects of in-season and off-season competitive preparation and training of the sports team.
- Purchases, maintains and inventories all sport and office equipment and supplies for the sports program.
- Performs year-round academic monitoring and mentoring of student athletes to include mandatory coach-monitored study hall, satisfactory team academic performance, and satisfactory team classroom attendance.
- Conducts consistent residence hall room checks to include monitoring student conduct.
- Communicates and cooperates with the student-athlete Academic Advisor in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Contributes to sport facility upkeep and improvements as needed and directed. Head coaches of outdoor sports will be responsible for field/court maintenance and management of facilities owned or leased by SSC.
- Follows all departmental and college procedures in a timely, ethical, conscientious, and professional manner.
- Contributes all requested data and online entries to the SSC website and NJCAA in a timely, ethical, conscientious and professional manner.
- Adheres to NJCAA, Region II and OCAC by-laws.
- Performs fundraising projects for program as needed and participates in specific community activities.
- Utilizes campus vehicles in a defensive, safety conscious manner, while following all local and state statutes as well as college motor pool procedures.
- Transports team in college-owned vehicles to games, scrimmages, and team activities as needed.
- Carries a fifteen-credit hour per academic year teaching load in assigned division or other assignment as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Extensive travel is required.