Reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the administration of all phases of the men’s basketball program in accordance with NCAA Division I rules and philosophies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruiting qualified student-athletes for the program and Stetson University.
- Establishing goals and directions for the operation of the program and developing a successful program athletically and academically.
- Working with the Men’s Basketball team through practice, instruction, conditioning and game competition to ensure the most successful program possible.
- Assumes a leadership role in department-wide priorities and initiatives.
- Supervising full and/or part-time assistant coaches including hiring, disciplining, or separation decisions and taking full responsibility for training, mentoring and evaluating assistant coach.
- Trains and supervises assistant coach (es) toward the end of developing head coach capabilities and supporting all program objectives.
- Supervising all scheduling and traveling arrangements for the program.
- Assisting in the marketing of the men’s basketball program, athletic department and University through required speaking engagements and alumni outreach initiatives.
- Cultivate and solicit alumni and donors to financially support men’s basketball.
- Managing and adhering to a budget to be determined by the Athletic Director.
- Overseeing and managing academic performance of team.
- Organizing and maintaining a summer camp to promote the Men’s Basketball program, yourself and Stetson University Athletics.
- Responsible for the academic achievement, retention and graduation of each student-athlete on the roster.
- Motivates and inspires student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field; attends functions related to the men’s basketball program; prepares reports; evaluates players.
- Manage a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program.
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of Stetson University, the ASUN Conference and the NCAA.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Computer skills a must
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, fellow employees; program boosters and the public
- Excellent organization skills
As this position requires operation of University vehicles and traveling for recruiting purposes, the possession and maintenance of a Florida driver’s license and insurable driving record is required
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to organize and develop world wide recruiting master plan