Texas A&M University – Texarkana is seeking an outstanding candidate for our new Men’s Basketball team! The head coach will direct all facets of a competitive NAIA Basketball program with a special emphasis on recruitment of students whose educational, athletic, and personal aims are imminently congruent with the University mission. Each coach is responsible but are not limited to: practice and game preparation; budgeting; academic support; supervision of assistant and graduate assistant coaches and insuring the general welfare and the development of the student-athlete. Responsibilities include establishing a first-year NAIA basketball program.
Please be prepared to upload your cover letter, resume and transcripts in the questionnaire section.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Education, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics at the NAIA level
- Minimum 3 years head coaching experience at the NAIA or NCAA level
- Minimum 3 Years of Assistant Athletic Director Duties in an Intercollegiate Athletic Department
- Master’s Degree
- College coaching experience at the NAIA or NCAA level
• Coordinate the implementation of the University’s Basketball program based on equity, integrity and compliance with all NAIA regulations.
• Responsible for game day personnel, visiting team’s arrival, coordinating locker room usage, pre-event coordination, post-event clean-up, athletic facilities usage, etc.
• Assist with guiding the Eagle Athletics Branding efforts
• Identifies new and creative means to attract fans to various events
• Assists with format for home events for PA announcer, sponsor’s announcements, upcoming activities and activities sponsored by organizations during games and matches.
• Athletic Department Liaison for student-life activities, mascots, student-led organizations.
• Implements and administers team rules and discipline policies not less restrictive than the general rules and policies of the Universities Athletic Program.
• Plans and implements training procedures for individual and team improvement while developing match schedules, practice schedules and travel accommodations as needed.
• Supports Registrar and Faculty Athletic Representative in adhering and maintaining academic eligibility requirements.
• Supports the Athletic Trainer in managing athletes’ injuries and in administering the institution’s athletic drug testing policy.
• Supports Faculty in accomplishing the academic aims of the institution and ensuring the academic success of student-athletes.
• Assist the Athletic Director in activities surrounding community support through fundraisers for the basketball program which includes basketball camps to enhance community awareness within the sport.
• Maintains athletic facility in a manner to ensure well-being of athletes and viability of athletic competition.
• Reinforce the TAMUT culture by demonstrating sportsmanship, integrity, a competitive spirit, and the importance of academics.
• Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL:
- Assistant Coaches and Graduate Assistants
- Marginal functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible.
- Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
CLOSING DATE: February 9, 2019